18.4.11

Happy Passover

Tonight is the first night of Passover, and you know what that means... Hundreds of people have spent the past three days (at least) preparing for HUGE family dinners! This year I got a chance to roll up my sleeves with my mom and grandmother, and take part in this tradition of preparation...

Now my grandmother is famous for her gefilte fish, so you really don't get to help with that too much, you get to be a sous chef, but that is just fine. That fish is a big responsibility and I certainly don't want to be the one to fudge it up.BAM! Fish done! Moving on! In the grand tradition of Passover food looking gross but tasting delicious, I had the task of preparing two kinds of charoset. The first kind is Morrocan, and has dates, red wine, walnuts, cinnamon and cloves.And the second is the more traditional apples, wine, walnuts, cinnamon and sugar. Yum.So to everybody celebrating Passover this year, I hope you have a good one! And to those missing out, just be thankful that you don't have to wait until 11pm to start your main course tonight!

Lechaim! To life!