8.12.10

Stalkings: Part One

This December I decided to embark on a journey back in time. That's a very weird way of saying that I decided to dust off my sewing machine and pattern drafting skills, and make something!

What better a thing to make in December, than Christmas stockings! How fun!

I have a Christmas stocking from when I was a kid. Yes I'm Jewish, but that's beside the point. I have one. And I'd say most people who celebrated Christmas as children have one as well. So why make new ones? Well this year I am celebrating Christmas twice. Once with my family, and once with my cute little household. So this household needs new stockings! Matching stockings! Stockings that anybody with severe OCD could be proud of!

So I set to work.

Step 1
: Find your most impressive scissors (mine were my great-great grandfather's from 200 years ago) and try to remember how to draft a pattern even though you haven't done so in almost 5 years.
Step 2: Take a deep breath and go to Fabricland, because you KNOW they will have the biggest selection of silly Christmas fabrics. Purchase these fabrics, and bring them home...

Then get designing! Stay tuned for progress!