7.2.11

Door Wars

Some might say that I am a little competitive at times. I'm not going to deny that exactly, but I think my competitiveness only comes out when it is called for. Like now.

Back story. The building I live in was recently renovated. Everybody has new, freshly painted front doors, but the doors had no numbers. Feeling the need to identify my door to anybody who might be stopping by (see: pizza guy), I felt it appropriate to come up with a simple number to say to the world: "Hey guys, this is Apartment 1." Nothing too flashy... Just simple.Everything was fine. People knew where to find me. Then, this weekend, the unthinkable happened! My neighbours in Apartment 2 decided to try to one-up me!Woah, woah guys, this flashy 2 on a fancy post-it!? What kind of game are you playing here! Clearly these guys aren't messing around. But CLEARLY they do not know who they are dealing with. Immediately upon seeing this gauntlet thrown down, I had to come up with a plan. Do I put a picture of my cat on the door? What can I possibly do!? The answer? JUST BE AWESOME!Now that's a handsome door! Sure I could have gone to the hardware store and bought a real metal number, but that wouldn't be playing the game!

Dear neighbours, if are are reading this, please don't be offended. Chances are you had no idea that putting a number on your door would start a war of any kind, but I think it is safe to say that I have won, and you ought to concede.