20.3.11

Momofuku Pork Buns - Part Two

The Momofuku cookbook is the most intimidating cookbook I have ever come in contact with. It is intimidating for the same reason their food is delicious: because their dishes have many elements, and they make all of the elements from scratch, and they want to teach us how to make them too!

But intimidation be damned! I am going to make these pork buns! Please come along with me on my journey! I'm just going to let the photos speak for themselves... Delciously.
So. Consensus? These were DELICIOUS! They didn't taste exactly like the ones at Momofuku, which is not surprising, but they certainly satisfy the craving, and they were pretty damn close! The downside is that they took all day, and that means I won't be able to make them as often as I want to eat them. But it was easier than going to New York for the day, and it's good to know that if my cravings get REALLY out of control, I can do something about it.

When Momofuku opens in Toronto in 2012, you can bet I will never make these again. And you can also bet that I will be at Momofuku buying them every other day.

The end.