1.3.11

A Disposable Experiment Turns One

For those of you who have been following my blog for a year, you may remember March 1st, 2010, when I launched my version of the disposable camera chain letter, called "A Disposable Experiment."

I sent 10 disposable cameras to various cities with the intention that each recipient would take one photo and then pass the camera along to somebody else, who would also take one photo and pass it along, etc.

Sigh.

I heard from people early on in the experiment. They passed the camera along and the next recipient would email to tell me they got the camera and they were so excited to be part of the project.

Sigh. Sigh.

I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A SINGLE CAMERA BACK! Come on guys! This is so cool and fun! I still have faith that one day I am going to open my P.O. box and find it full of cameras! Then I will get the cameras developed and see how wicked the results are and it will have been worth the wait!

This guy took HIS picture! You want to be like this guy!

Good thing I didn't hold my breath.
If you are reading this, and you have one of my cameras, please take your photo and pass it along! We have 27 frames to get through for each camera and I'm counting on YOU! Like, I know if you want something done right you generally have to do it yourself, but that would have REALLY defeated the purpose this time!

Until the cameras make their way home, refresh your memory about the phases of this experiment thus far!

It started with a dream, and a video!

Then we launched!

From time to time we were updated
!

The cameras were still moving!

74 days in, it started slowing down
...

And since then, radio silence.
This is Day 365.